By Corey Hinde | SEO Consultant
- Business Owners, under 5 staff, who aren’t sure where to start
- Bigger Business owners, who are after a refresher
Got a friend starting a business?
Someone mentioned they need to “ramp up their marketing”?
Getting into business yourself but really don’t know where to start?
THIS is for you.
It can be hard starting in business, there are loads of things to do, and a plan that allows you to focus, without the distractions, could be exactly what you are after.
Step 1 – A Website
- Don’t overthink platform etc, but WordPress is probably the safest bet
- Keep it simple
- Ensure people know exactly what you do
- Ensure people can contact you
- Add some content that is helpful, and try and get an email address
Step 2 – Google My Business
- Ensure you are using your Keywords / Bullseye Phrase
- Get the app on your phone
- Get as many reviews as possible
- Consider getting this professionally done, its worth it
More information HERE: https://goodoil.marketing/blog/how-to-get-in-the-google-3-pack/
Step 3 – Facebook Page
- Easy way for people to communicate with you.
- Not for selling as such, play by the rules.
- Can be very helpful, but is not owned by you.
Step 4 – Google Ads
- Can be expensive depending on your competition
- Best left to experts to manage
- Part of a complete package, best not to rely on Ads.
Step 5 – Directories
- These help your Google ranking
- Be consistent across all directories
- Our current list of recommended listings in New Zealand: https://goodoil.marketing/directories/
Step 6 – LinkedIn
- Probably best for Business to Business selling.
- Still build a profile, and include your website etc in your Contact Info – builds credibility
- Some tips on how to build your LinkedIn profile: https://goodoil.marketing/blog/linkedin-business-success/
Step 7 – Get Talking
Network yourself to all of your friends, family, and anyone who will listen!
- Email list – personal
- All previous communications
- SMS and phone
- Personal Facebook profile
- Improves your pitch and ability to sell
- People want you to win, and will share your story
If you need a hand, just reach out – here are our some places you can find us:
Contact Us Page: https://goodoil.marketing/contact/
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/3ulxax9
Free Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/digitalmarketingforrookies